Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Birth of a New Super Hero

Coming out in a few months, barring no major snafus, will be my first children's book/comic book series, tentatively called "I'm a Super Hero Now."  I've had some sticker shock in terms of illustration costs, and that immediately led me to wish I had developed my basic artistic talents outside of the pen long ago.

I can see how there may be dozens of stories out there, sitting unpublished not for lack of quality or appeal, and not even because of costs to publish, but simply because of the costs to effectively illustrate and enhance the story, whatever that may be.  I'd be interested to hear how others may have found ways to offset these costs without the book looking like it was drawn by my dog.  Which actually might not be a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment